As we know that every second is precious for an injured person to receive proper medical services on time. It is very important to assist the patient to the nearest hospital as early as possible. Many improvements and innovations have been done like before some years the only work of ambulance were to the sent patient to the hospital but it has been provided with latest technologies and necessary medical equipment so that they could save the life of the injured before they reach the hospital.
The need for an air ambulance
• When a person got injured critically and needs to reach the hospital within a short span of time and the same is not possible for a normal ambulance.
• Air ambulance is advanced aircraft launched to avail a wide range of medical services. It has all the necessary equipment’s to be needed for the patient during an emergency.
• It differs from medical services provided with a helicopter which is limited in space and doesn’t have all the mandatory facilities.
• Anybody who has been insured under health or travel insurance can go for its life-saving services as it becomes suitable for them to bear its charges.
• The pilots of these aircraft need to be a little bit experienced and fast as well because the condition differs from a usual airplane operation.
Kinds of air ambulance
Basically, it is of two types which are elaborated under:-
Air ambulance with rotary-wing: By the name, it becomes clear that this would consist of rotary blades and it comes with a helicopter which is suitable for sending patients for short distances only yet it preferred when there is lack of time and critical care is needed.
Fixed-wing: It is preferred to travel a long distance and don’t need to refuel. Another quality is that it has more facilitated interiors with the capacity to carry more medical equipment. They can cover distances in less-time and can operate every weather conditions.
Its services include care in case of wounds and burns, traumatic injury, stroke, heart-care, and organ transplantation as well. The medical team is highly experienced who are able to save the life of the patient on the way. If the patient is on the ventilator, a respiratory therapist will accompany him. They arrange to pick the patient from the home or spot of the accident.
About the speed
The speed depends upon which air ambulance services you are choosing. Usually, they are a double-propeller plane that can travel with a top speed of 265 kt to 307mph, a plane with a single engine turboprop can travel with a speed of 294kt to 339 mph.
The experience of an air ambulance is smooth and comfortable to compile with the critical conditions. It comes with wide range of aircraft from smaller to VIP as per the need of a patient.